Monday 1 October 2007

Long walk...

Last week I was on holiday in Dartmoor with my wife and a few friends. We spent most of the week walking. On Thursday most of the group wanted a rest day, but Helen and myself thought it would be better to go out for a short walk.

In the morning we did a quick walk before we returned to the cottage for a nice brunch. We then decided to another longer circular walk in the afternoon as it was such a lovely sunny day.

The above is a picture of the route we took. It took us 5 hours, and I estimated it was about 10Km. However, I was wrong, it was actually 16Km or 10 miles! That probably explains why my legs were sore on the Friday morning. 

We did make one small route mistake. Annoyingly it was really close to the end, when the cottage was almost in sight.  

Highlight of the walk was crossing 4 rivers via stepping stones, oh and sitting on a rock in the sun drinking a can of cider each.

All in all a nice afternoon walking, and I even managed to keep up with Helen who is like a mountain goat with it seems like constant energy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was a bit of a wrong turn! ;-)