Wednesday 15 August 2007

Apple TV


I was fortunate to get an Apple TV for my birthday. My wife and family clubbed together to get me the 160Gb version. I really wanted one, but didn’t expect to get one for my birthday.

I set it up yesterday evening, and being an Apple product this was really easy. It’s is really simple to use, as the remote only has 5 buttons. Kirsten was really impressed by the YouTube integration and that she could watch her favourite clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epUk3T2Kfno and search for other cute cat ones.

Overnight all my media was sync’ed from my desktop iMac. I thought it would take a lot longer as it was over 80Gb worth via WiFi.

One of my favourite features is being able to view my digital photos easily and see them from the comfort of the sofa on a large screen. Must sort my pictures out though, as I now have getting on for 11,000!

Now I need to find a new home for my Roku Soundbridge, as this is much better, and I don’t need to leave a machine on 24-7 serving up the music.

No comments: